The holiday season is upon us and we’re once again scrambling to get our Christmas affairs in order. There are Christmas cards to be written and posted, gifts to be bought, hampers to be sent to clients, greetings to be sent to our colleagues… the list seems to be never-ending! The festive season, while joyful, can undeniably bring with it its unique set of stress.
For instance, how will you craft the perfect Christmas message in a business context? Writing to your boss, colleagues, or clients isn’t the same as writing to friends and family. How do you maintain professionalism yet convey warmth in your Christmas message?
Lucky for you… we’re here to help!
Here are our top tips for writing that perfect Christmas message:
- Keep it short and simple!
- Let your relationship with the recipient guide your tone. Stay casual if it’s a colleague you’re close to or keep it formal if it’s a superior or client.
- Be genuine and personalise the message when possible. Refer to details specific to the person such as a recent life event or a positive experience you’ve shared.
- Express gratitude and well wishes. Christmas is a time for reflection and spreading goodwill – let your message reflect this.
- It is important to acknowledge that not everyone celebrates Christmas, so be sure to use ‘Happy Holidays’ when appropriate – e.g. when addressing a mass audience.
- Do not bring up business matters – this is not the right time or space! Focus on your message of spreading Christmas joy and cheer.
- Sign off appropriately. Some suggestions:
o With love,
o Best wishes,
o Wishing you joy,
o Warmest wishes,
o God bless,
Examples of workplace Christmas messages
- Christmas message from management to staff – e.g. newsletter from CEO to organisation, email from boss to team
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone at <insert organisation name>!
Thank you for all your contributions to the company over the past year.
Our achievements this year could never have happened without each and every one of you!
May your holidays be filled with joy and laughter.
Looking forward to another successful year with all of you in 2019!
2. Christmas message to client – e.g. Christmas card, Christmas hamper
Dear <insert organisation name>,
It’s been a pleasure working with you this year. You’ve played a key role in our recent developments and we value this relationship immensely.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with peace and prosperity!
We look forward to continued success in 2019.
For more on Christmas messages, see Best Christmas Messages for 2018!
The team at Elite Words wish you a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year 2019!
Contact us to learn more about how Elite Words can help you write the perfect messages for your business. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row 0=””][vc_column 0=””][/vc_column][/vc_row]